none
Forums slow for me RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed the it takes a little while (10+ seconds) for a page to load while viewing the forums.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I've noticed it on both my home PC and on my work's network.
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:01 AM

Answers

• Can I ask where you are located? In the release that just went live, we've added some CDN support which has shown some nice improvement for many locations. The release we're working on now will also be focused on perf/scalability type stuff.

Also,which pages are you seeing the issues. If you are looking at a list of threads for a forum and you page or change filters, how does that perform? We use a fair amount of script and ajax so there are costs for some things and benefits for others.

Thanks!
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:13 AM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:37 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Can I ask where you are located? In the release that just went live, we've added some CDN support which has shown some nice improvement for many locations. The release we're working on now will also be focused on perf/scalability type stuff.

Also,which pages are you seeing the issues. If you are looking at a list of threads for a forum and you page or change filters, how does that perform? We use a fair amount of script and ajax so there are costs for some things and benefits for others.

Thanks!
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:13 AM
  • Hey Rob,

I am located in the central FL area.  I've played around with the filter's you mentioned and it is pretty quick.  Actually, the thread list page loads pretty reasonable (2 to 3 seconds).  When you click the link to view the thread thats when it takes longer.  Since, i am talking to one of the forum devs, i have to say this forum is a lot nicer than the previous.  I especially like the text editor for making posts (really nice)!
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:06 PM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:37 PM
    Owner