Import unmanaged CRM 2011 solution into CRM 2013 - Error #0x8004F026 "RecurringAppointmentMaster/Recurring Appointment" RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting errors trying to migrate an existing unmanaged CRM solution developed in CRM 2011 on premise (rollup 14) into a new CRM 2013 GA on-premise installation.

First I tried importing an existing 2011 CRM organization containing our unmanaged solution into CRM 2013 GA on-premise and it failed.

Secondly I then tried importing the unmanaged solution ZIP file into a new empty CRM 2013 organization and it fails with the following error:

17:03:21.76 Entity   RecurringAppointmentMaster Recurring   Appointment   The Master   appointment of a recurring appointment series. Failure 0x8004F026

The evaluation of   the current component(name=Entity, id=e4796c89-bd47-4413-a5ff-92959ac3a3e0)   in the current operation (Update) failed during managed property evaluation   of condition: The evaluation of the current component(name=Entity,   id=e4796c89-bd47-4413-a5ff-92959ac3a3e0) in the current operation (Update)   failed during managed property evaluation of condition:   Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.AttributeManagedPropertyCondition

Andy

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• Have you tried installing UR15 before upgrading to CRM2013?

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:45 PM
    Answerer
  • I have tried to upgrade my rollup 14 based CRM server to rollup 15 but I'm getting errors, the installer is looking for files in the GA release installation media which don't exist???

I don't have a "Actions_Org" folder in my GA release installation media directory.

13:27:17|   Info| InstallerException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\CRM 2011\Installation Media - GA\CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml'.
    13:27:17|  Error| Install exception.System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\CRM 2011\Installation Media - GA\CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml'.

Andy

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

Yes - I had the same issue. When you install it needs to uninstall UR14 which needs the original Server.msi location that was used to originally install. You'll have to find the original media and point it at that.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I had to download the original installation media and run the install in order to extract all the files but it's looking for a file that does not exist.

I sure as hell hope that this file was not created during the original installation process because the original installation media folders were deleted.

None of these requirements are documented in the KB article associated with the download of the UR15 or on the download page itself.  I've never encountered this problem with any of the previous rollups.

13:27:17|   Info| InstallerException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\CRM 2011\Installation Media - GA\CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml'.

Andy

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Yes, this is the first rollup I've had it on as well. I think it's because it uninstalls UR14 - not other rollups did an install first.

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Is there any chance that the "CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml'" file exists on your server?

When I run the CRM 2011 GA installation media it does not create this folder for me (mind you the install stops after unzipping the files because CRM is already installed on my server.)

Andy

• Edited by ALEITZ Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:39 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:33 PM
  • I was able to resolve this problem by completely uninstalling CRM 2011 (included manually deleting files somwhere in c:\user\data...\microsoft\...)

I re-installed CRM 2011 GA. Allowed Windows Update to install UR6, then again UR14 and then I manually installed UR15 using the installation media downloaded from MSFT.

Basically, if you have a CRM server install and you have deleted the folder containing the GA release installation media you have to reinstall CRM Server 2011.

Andy

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:20 PM