WHS Console password suddenly not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have just installed WHS on an Intel D510MO motherboard and I installed all the drivers fine and could connect from my desktop fine yet when I chose to backup my computer now I can't connect to the console. I get a password is incorrect error everytime and I know my password.
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:10 PM

Answers

• Well I logged in directly from the server with mouse kb monitor and my password works there. My guess is the registry is wrong since installing GFX drivers but the problem seems to have gone away by itself. I tried to log in via my client and it works now (?)I can use RDC too by logging in with the same password. This was wierd it wouldn't let me in before
    • Marked as answer by Mightee Mo Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:46 PM
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi, I have just installed WHS on an Intel D510MO motherboard and I installed all the drivers fine and could connect from my desktop fine yet when I chose to backup my computer now I can't connect to the console. I get a password is incorrect error everytime and I know my password.
    Have you tried using that password by logging into the server desktop (either with a keyboard, mouse, and monitor or through RDC)?
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Tried with RDC and can't even connect so I'll try from direct from the server and let you know when the backup is finished I can shut down this PC as I only have one keyboard and mouse
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:32 PM
  • Tried with RDC and can't even connect so I'll try from direct from the server and let you know when the backup is finished I can shut down this PC as I only have one keyboard and mouse
    When you say you "tried with RDC and can't even connect", what do you mean?  Do you even see the logon screen (or is it your client simply can't find the server at all)?
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:29 PM
  • Well I logged in directly from the server with mouse kb monitor and my password works there. My guess is the registry is wrong since installing GFX drivers but the problem seems to have gone away by itself. I tried to log in via my client and it works now (?)I can use RDC too by logging in with the same password. This was wierd it wouldn't let me in before
    • Marked as answer by Mightee Mo Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:46 PM
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:40 PM
  • See this FAQ , and this one ...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 9:47 PM