Mysql Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I developed an application using mysql connector 6.6.4.0 in the development machine , when i try to use the application in another machine it throws an exception asking for this connector in the second machine. Do I need it installed in all the machines i will use the application ?? Since i have no more access to mysql connector 6.6.4.0 i installed 6.6.5.0 and it did not work

Thanks

Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since it is related to the Mysql, I suggest you select the correct forum from http://forums.mysql.com/, and there you would get dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 8, 2013 11:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:04 AM

All replies

• The machines in which you run the application needs MySql connector to be installed in it.

In general, using the higher version (6.6.5.0) will support the lower version (6.6.4.0.),

check whether other system settings & permissions to access the DB are correct.

If nothing helps update the lower version 6.6.4.0 => 6.6.5.0

It all Happenz Sendil

• Proposed as answer by sendilg Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:11 AM
    Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:14 AM
  • Thanks sendilg for the reply ,  here is the actual message I get

Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data. Version 6.6.4.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=c587fc88969c44d' or one of it's dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. ( Exception from HRESULT : 0x80131040).

Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:53 AM
  • Hello sendilg ,

It worked reinstalled in both machines the newer version rebuilt and worked

I still get this message in my project even after i put neew reference mysql.data for the newer version . Do you know how to get this message to stop ? It let me rebuild etc but the messag persists , below is the message :

Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.  

Thanks

Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since it is related to the Mysql, I suggest you select the correct forum from http://forums.mysql.com/, and there you would get dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, November 8, 2013 11:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:04 AM
  • No Problem and thanks anyways

Best Regards

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Could you check whether your Target Framework is set to ClientProfile of 3.5/4.0 & change that to .Net Framework 3.5/ 4.0.

It all Happenz Sendil

Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:28 PM