90 day free trial? why was i charged? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I just logged on to the  90 DAY FREE TRIAL AND  windows live one care and i was prompted to enter a user name in order to activate the free trial where then i was sent to a page that requested my credit card info, i entered MY INFO then it charged my card!

what happened to the 90 day free trial???? Why was my card charged??

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers

• After you installed the trial for OneCare, it will suggest that you can subscribe with a link within the program. Activation and subscribing are one and the same. If you provided credit card information, you were subscribing. You also clicked through the subscription agreement which outlined the cost and terms of the subscription.

However, all is not lost. If you did not intend to subscribe, you can request a refund from support.

They will cancel the subscription and enter the refund, but your trial version will then expire and you'll need to reinstall, at which point I believe that you will only get a 15 day trial before you need to subscribe.

Be sure to discuss your options with the customer service rep - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 1:15 AM

All replies

•  

I just installed windows live one 90 DAY FREE TRIAL on 2-21 and i was prompted to create a user name where I was then prompted to enter my credit card info, so why was my credit card charged when i haven't completed the 90 day free trial?
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:54 PM
  • After you installed the trial for OneCare, it will suggest that you can subscribe with a link within the program. Activation and subscribing are one and the same. If you provided credit card information, you were subscribing. You also clicked through the subscription agreement which outlined the cost and terms of the subscription.

However, all is not lost. If you did not intend to subscribe, you can request a refund from support.

They will cancel the subscription and enter the refund, but your trial version will then expire and you'll need to reinstall, at which point I believe that you will only get a 15 day trial before you need to subscribe.

Be sure to discuss your options with the customer service rep - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 1:15 AM