The function of the Price List RRS feed

• Question

• Should the Price list autopopulate fields? If so which fields should be autopopulated?

Does anyone have or know of an example of a simple price list? I am having the toughest time setting one up.

I created Unit Group Subscription.  Under Subscription, I created Units titled Basic, Core and Developer.

Then I created under Price list Subscription cost and under Price List Items I created Basic Subsciption, Core Services and Developer Subscription.

Under Products,  I create Basic subsciption, Core Services and Developer subscription.

Should this autopopulate?

Friday, February 11, 2011 1:44 AM

Answers

• If you're referring to pricing information, price etc, no it will not autopopulate in either direction.

A Price List is a concept used to provide a variety of different pricing options for a single product (or group of products).  You could for instance, offer different prices for one group of customers than for another.  You could also setup various different price lists for customer from different countries with their native currency.

You may only require one Price List, if all prices for all products are always the same.

Units and Unit Groups are designed to allow different groupings of products.  By default for instance, a unit will have a quantity of 1, but you could change that for a new Unit and assign a quantity of 12, to allow special pricing for selling by the dozen.

--pogo (pat)
    • Marked as answer by Supplyside Friday, February 11, 2011 11:17 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 3:39 AM