OneCare daily loads RRS feed

• Question

• Each time I turn on the computer, OneCare "loads". During the "loading" process, messages will come up, i.e. your firewall is turned off and your computer may be at risk. Your virus protection is turned off and your computer may be at risk.

Why doesn't OneCare keep thjese features on even when the computer is turned off?

To reload each time I start my computer seems redundant and time wasteful?!

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:03 AM

Answers

• When the PC is off, *nothing* is loaded. All programs and Windows itself need to load when you power up. If you hibernate the PC or use Sleep mode, if your PC support these, the programs are saved in a state for quick resuming.

If you are getting errors about being at risk and protection being off, but then OneCare eventually starts and goes to green status, your problem is related to resources at startup and the Windows Security Center is throwing the warnings. Increase your PC memory or turn off unnecessary startup programs and you may see this go away. You can also turn off the warnings from the Windows Security Center - Control Panel, Windows Security Center - Change the way ...warns me.

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:52 AM