2005 Money Back Up Not Opening... Help please! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Before a recent system reinstall, I saved a money backup file.  After the reinstall I can not open the backup file.  I'd really like to get the file open and saved to a .QIF file.  Is there an application, or perhaps someone out there, that might do the this conversion for me since I can't get Money 2005 to do it for me.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Mark

Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:24 AM

All replies

• Many, many online data source clarify this problem, so one of my suggestions is to search and read more and post less. There's even a sticky post in this forum that deals with M05 and what happens when you reinstall it.

You need to do an Internet Update to get youre newly installed but unpatched M05 fully patched before attempting to restore your file prevsiouly written by a patched version of M05. Open the sample file or create a new data file then Do the Internet Update.

And then you need to take immediate steps to protect your ability to reinstall M05 in the future and have the patched files so that you can survive in to future when that Internet Update is no longer available.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:22 AM