How to understand Reference number for administrators or support: #6CEBBCA5 ms crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using MS CRM 2011 On-Pre, In the Trace file i found below line in error message attribute

" Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #6CEBBCA5"

How can I analyze the code, Is there any entity where I can find all the error code.

Please suggest I'm totally confused.
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:47 AM

Answers

• If you search the Platform Trace and Event Log for the reference number you should find the full description.

Remember it might be in the Async server or sandbox platform trace file as well - depending on what is throwing the error. 

The reason that this is shown rather than the full error is so that sensitive information is not given out to users.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:08 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• If you search the Platform Trace and Event Log for the reference number you should find the full description.

Remember it might be in the Async server or sandbox platform trace file as well - depending on what is throwing the error. 

The reason that this is shown rather than the full error is so that sensitive information is not given out to users.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:08 PM
    Answerer
  • hi M2012,

check this : CRM2011 support reference numbers

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Ravitheja J Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:40 AM