none
DirectX problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I'm not sure if I'm writing in the appropriate board here, but honesly I feel so lost so I do it anyways.

OK so I dowloaded a game called "Kholat PROPHET" and everything seemed alright until it actually downloaded. Whenever I click on the game it says: "The following component(s) are required to run this program: DirectX Runtime."

So I further investigated, but nothing worked to be honest. Whenever I try to download the DirectX Runtime thingy, it says: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

I'm not a computer genius so I didn't really want to mess anything up, but I've tried reinstalling, tried to turn off the Antivirus system, I also tried to reinstall the game itself but nothing. Can anyone please help me how to fix this??? I'm crying right now, literally.

I have Windows 10 by the way (and yes it says I already have DirectX 12 downloaded.....)

Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:47 PM

All replies

• I would recommend contacting the vendor or author of the game for support (assuming you have a legitimate copy). We can't help you in this forum as it's for .NET data provider development.

AFAIK, the Microsoft DirectX forums were closed a couple of years ago.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, January 4, 2018 2:00 PM