MS Money 2000 and Win 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MS Money 2000 in Australia for some years now with XP and then Windows 7.

This have worked wonderfully.

I have now upgraded to Windows 8.1 but cannot transfer the software or the file.

I would appreciate some help on this.

Jim

JPSydney

Monday, January 26, 2015 2:08 AM

All replies

• You can download and install Money 2005 International English QFE2 onto the new computer via the second posting on this forum. Copy your *.mny and *.mbf files from the old computer to the documents folder on the new computer. Open your *.mny file.

Alternatively, you could try installing Money 2000 from your old disk onto the new computer.

Once into the file, change the backup locations shown in
    Tools->Settings->BackupOptions to locations that exist on your
    new computer.  Consider your backup strategies; disks fail.

Monday, January 26, 2015 2:41 AM
  • Like you I use the MS Money 2000 International English version, which runs fine on 64 bit Windows 7, but I don't use Windows 8.1

I'm sure you will need to properly install Money on your new OS - and not just copy files across from old to new - before  ***.mny  will open.

You will certainly be able to install a "Virtual Machine" on your new computer (I use Virtualbox) ~ I suggest you make Windows 7 the guest OS and then you can install your 2000 version of Money within that.

I believe Money was 'dumbed down' over the years and I think you might prefer your old 2000 version rather than 2005 QFE2 if ever you would have the opportunity to compare and contrast.

Teabag

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:10 PM