0xC3EC79E6 Services Won't start! RRS feed

• Question

• I went through all the necessary steps to install OCS 2007 beta. Everything in the install went perfectly but when i go to start the services I get an 0xc3ec79e6 error. I am currently running Server 2003 RT2 with MS SQL 2005. I'm not sure why the services won't start. I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any solutions to a problem similar to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The error log I have been recieving is below:

Execute Action
          Failure
    [0xC3EC79E6] Service failed to start as requested.
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCSRV
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Front-End
    Service Status: Error
      Failure
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCACPMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Telephony Conferencing
      Failure
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCIMMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server IM Conferencing
      Failure
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCDATAMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Web Conferencing
      Failure
    Starting Service   Service Name: RTCAVMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Audio/Video Conferencing
      Failure
    [0xC3EC79E6] Service failed to start as r
    Monday, July 16, 2007 5:38 PM

All replies

• Are there any other log locations for me to look at. I can't seem to find any logs other than this. If I could see why the services are not starting I could probably fix the problem.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 7:22 PM
  • Sailerr,

Were you able to figure out the problem?  I am getting the exact same error, running 2003 RT2 and SQL Server 2005.  Can anyone tell  us how we can debug this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:09 PM
  • I have been working on it off and on in the past few days. I haven't been able to make any progress. I checked the MySQL database and it seems to have the proper databases running. I am trying to deploy and extremely basic setup. So far it seems that no one seems to know the problem or really care. The documentation that comes with the download is very lengthy and too detailed for what I am trying to accomplish. Luckily it is a Beta and should be fixed by the product release. My major problem is that I am new to many of the products used in this suite (little MySQL experience). Still, if everything installed correctly, it seems that the services should start. I checked active directory and I have all the necessary Users/Groups as well as a Certificate installed. As mentioned before, I also have all the correct database  (checked from other postings). If you have made any progress please let me know. I will do the same. Hopefully someone else could shed some light as to why we are having this issue. Current setup:

Windows Server 2003 RT2 SP1
    MSSQL 2005 Express
    IIS 6.0
    .Net Framework 3.0

This is a clean install of Server with only the products required for OCS 2007 Beta installed and running.

Someone please help (maybe I need to install something additional that was not included with the Beta download). Thanks!
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:21 PM
  • I almost forgot to add that I am using a self-signed certificate. Would that cause issues?
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:56 PM
  • Hi,

I take it that you're not using vmware esx server... since you have looked in the forums already. Also, did you do the additional step of assigning the certificate manually to IIS? I was using a cert authority within my network and that seemed to work.

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:07 AM
  • Yeah I did assign my certificate to IIS as well. I've searched the forums extensively with no luck. I may just have to wait until OCS 2007 is finally released. Either way, I have to stop working on it now and move on to a new project.
    Friday, July 20, 2007 2:38 PM
  • Hi Sailerr,

Can you update this post? Is this still an issue with the RTM version?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Segue solução da Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941724

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 1:51 PM
  • I had the same problem because de password of the service Account expired.

RTCService and RTCComponent
    I reset the password and had to change the password too in the properties of the services.

As these two accounts have to start the service, I suggest you to verify the accounts
    Juliette
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:21 AM