ECS GeForce6100SM-M Will Not Post RRS feed

• Question

• I'm finally ready to set up WHS after many Frankenstein hardware attempts.  After going through my inventory of old parts I decided that old parts with a lot of miles just wasn't going to work for  me.  So, I ordered up some new stuff from newegg and it all arrived yesterday.
    • ECS GeForce6100SM-M (1.0) Socket AM2 Motherboard
    • AMD Sempron 64 3000+ Manila 1.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor
    • WINTEC AMPX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
    The problem is, if I have both memory modules in, it will not POST.  It just beeps over and over again.  I have tried each module on its own in each of the two slots and it will post just fine.  I know the memory isn't bad and I know the motherboard isn't bad I just don't know what I need to do in the BIOS to allow it to use the two modules together.

There are BIOS screenshots beginning here: 

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2007/ecs/GeForce6100SM-M/g4.htm

Although I have built many computers I'm not a hardware expert and only have limited BIOS knowledge (boot sequence, etc.).  I would love to get my WHS going today so if you have any suggestions I'm listening.

Thanks in advance,

John
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 3:08 PM

Answers

• After further experimentation, it is the motherboard that is the problem.  It will POST only if one memory module is installed and only in the left (closest to the processor) slot.  Looks like WHS will have to wait another week until I get a replacement.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:14 PM