ef6 error w/ clustrix (a flavor of mysql) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone has come across the following error. I'm using VS 2012 with mysql-visualstudio-plugin-1.1.1.msi and mysql-connector-net-6.8.3.msi. The error I'm getting: 

An exception of type 'system.data.entity.core.EntityCommandExecutiolnException' occurred. The error message is: 'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. 

The inner exception caught was of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException', with this error message: '[32769] Unknown column: SQL-Error: unable to resolve column "Extent1.CatalogName"'.'. 

I'm getting the above on the page "Choose your database Objects and settings." 

I have followed the Configuration on this page: 

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-net/en/connector-net-entityframework60.html 

In VS 2012, in server explorer, I'm able to connect to the server and see my table. 

Please advise, 

Thanks
    • Moved by Eyal Solnik Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:06 AM Irrelevant to C#
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:15 PM

Answers

• You can't read or write a table that doesn't exist and that is why you are getting the exception.   The code was creating a new database, but no tables.

jdweng

• Marked as answer by Red8Rain Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:21 AM

All replies

• The catalog name usually refers to the table in the database.  The link you provided will create a new database if one doesn't exist, but it doesn't seem to create a table in the database.  I think you are missing the code to create a new table.

jdweng

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:17 PM
  • Hi Jdweng,

I'm only using the configuration part of the link I provided.  I'm not trying to create a new table.  I'm trying to add a "EF designer from database" so I can get a list of my tables to be used and mapped in the edmx.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:57 PM
  • This isn't a C# language issue. Your code compiles fine. This exception is from the mysql connector. Ask at http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?38 to get professional help on this. 

Visual C++ MVP

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:08 PM
  • I have posted on mysql's forum prior to posting here.  Might be others who frequent here have encounter the issue!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:14 PM
  • And the chance that someone want to help others on MySQL to visit each and every .Net language forum instead of a MySQL forum is? 

Besides, people who really want to help others on C# or need help on C# won't appreciate your distraction. 

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:24 PM
  • yes, because people only visit one forum and no other.  
    • Edited by Caillen Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:29 AM Dirty words
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:26 PM
  • The people who can help you the most are naturally the busiest people. Don't create unnecessary burden to them. 

You are the one being inconsiderate to waste C# expert's spare time, not me. And C# experts outnumber MySQL experts by a wide margin here. If you do not want to wait for people from mysql forums to help you, sign a support contract with mysql. The mysql forum is the best forum for mysql question in terms of timing and quality of responses. 

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:32 PM
  • You can't read or write a table that doesn't exist and that is why you are getting the exception.   The code was creating a new database, but no tables.

jdweng

• Marked as answer by Red8Rain Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:21 AM
  • jdweng,

i switched over to an actual mysql db and the EF was able to connect.  looked like the problem is w/ clustrix.

thanks for the help.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:14 PM