none
TFS error: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.ControlAdapter, Version=12.0.0.0' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Ranorex 7.2 on Windows 10.

We are using VS 2013 Express Desktop update 4 with the 2013 version of the MSSCCI plugin. When I try and link Ranorex to TFS (which can be done from inside Ranorex), I get the following error popup in Ranorex: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.ControlAdapter, Version=12.0.0.0'. As can be seen in the attached screen grab, it points at an invalid pointer. Has anyone had this error appear when trying to link VS & Ranorex, or any other 3rd party app?

I have even tried rolling back to VS 2012 with the 2012 MSCCI and all that changed, was that the 'Version' mentioned in the error went from 12.0.0.0 to 11.0.0.0. I am now back on VS 2013 with the 2013 MSSCCI. Based on a post on the Microsoft forum, I have also installed VS Remote Tools and VS Agents, but this has not fixed the problem.

As far as I'm aware, the company is using TFS 2016, which I would assume is fully patched and updated.

Any clues, pointers and suggestions that anyone has would be most welcome.

Cheers James

Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the Ranorex and TFS. Since our forum is to discuss the VS installation issues, please redirect to the Ranorex forum: https://www.ranorex.com/forum/ or TFS forum: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs, start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, February 9, 2018 5:49 AM