none
Easier Navigation when opening files from within applications RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to add something to my wish list for Microsoft Windows.

I regularly have to open files from different locations on the system; sometimes on our server, sometimes on my local drive.

I go to open a file using the standard Open File button. This takes me to a default location, which might be either the working directory or a default directory depending on the software in use. This can be very frustrating as I may need to navigate a long way from the opening folder to the folder I actually want.

I know that I can set up a "Short-cut" folder with short cuts to all my favorite folders, but there are instances in the software where I am being directed to open a file from within the software, so on these occasions this doesn't help me.

So as a possible solution, imagine I can press a sort of "hot-key" at the same time I go to open a folder. Imagine that there are hot keys set up by default to redirect to either the working folder or the default software folder. But imagine I can then set up my own hot-keys to redirect me to other favorite folders. This would greatly enhance my Windows experience.

So, I'm asking for the code to be developed so that opening files is more than just a no choice option, and that this is developed to allow operation from within software applications according to user preferences.

Or is it possible to do this already?

If not, can I get it on the list for future development?

Thanks

Pete

• Edited by Tcaddy Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:20 AM

All replies