Applying offset to SLA duration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are trying to use the SLA functionality offered by CRM. We currently have our own custom SLA that works using custom javascript and custom fields.

The CRM SLA offers functionality that we would like to utilize and replace our existing system.

We have hit a roadblock that's preventing us from moving forward with implementing CRM SLA - we have no way of adding time offsets to the SLA.

Example:

Service rep replies to an email (through outlook) or answers a phone call that changes the status of the Case to be in a waiting state. But the CSR is not close to a computer at this time to update the case in CRM so the duration of "waiting" or total time is not no longer accurate.

The service rep logs on to CRM 30mins later and simply adds a 30minute offset (with a comment) which adjust the duration and now the total duration of the case is offset by 30mins.

I don't see a way for us to do this with the out-of-box SLA functionality in CRM2016.

Is is possible? How can we implement this? Or even find a way to inject this using custom scripts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 3:09 PM

All replies

• If I understood your requirement correctly, basically wanted to stop the Customer Response (or Customer First Response) SLA, whenever Case moves to "Waiting" state.

CRM offers this as OOF feature. When you define SLA you can mention when should it start (that is "Applicable When") and then defined "Success Criteria". Once the Success Criteria is met SLA will automatically stop.

MaKeer | <a href="http://wp.me/1AkRL" target="_blank">myencounterwithcrm.wordpress.com</a>

Sunday, February 5, 2017 3:26 AM