ServiceAppointment - Find available times RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to register a plug-in on the event which gets fired when a user clicks on the 'Find available times' button on the service activity schedule form.

Although a bit heavy handed I had hoped that the 'Execute' message would do the trick but after some initial testing it doesn't seem to get fired.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

John

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• The event you would need to register on your plugin is "SearchRequest".  Unfortunately, I don't believe registering a plugin on that event is supported.  What are you trying to accomplish with your plugin.  Perhaps there is a different way.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:02 PM
  • No, I don't think it is - and registering on the Execute doesn't seem to work either.

My scenario is booking a seat with-in a room. The room being the resource with a set capacity (30 seats for instance) and the service appointment being used to reserve one of those seats.

However, with in the same service activity record I need the flexibility to be able to book any number of seats from 1 up to the maximum occupancy, and only return the available slots based on the number of available seats.

Hope that's clear - any input much appreciatd.

Regards,

John

Monday, October 17, 2011 6:52 PM
  • Ok, I see what you want to do.  You want to add functionality to the existing scheduling engine in order to keep track of your seats.  I would do the following:

1. Make each room a Facility/Equipment record (you may need to modify this entity to add a 'capacity' field).
    2. Make each usage type a Service that has the correct Facility/Equipment record as a Resource.
    3. Create a custom Capacity entity to keep track of capacity booked.
    4. Link the Capacity entity 1:N to Facility/Equipment and Service Activity
    5. Use a plugin on the Create of the Service Activity record to populate your Capacity entity (create one record each for the room capacity)
    6. Use the scheduling engine as is to book a room.
    7. Use a list view with a dialog or workflow or javascript to mark off capacity according to # of attendees.

Hope that helps

JayB

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Hi Jay,

Thanks for that - the service calendar (resource) will already track utilisation (number of seats reserved) for me. However, when displaying the available slots 'Find available times' I can't see a way to factor in the current number of seats remaining and the number I require to book - and this seems a baked in limitation as it appears there is no way to intercept the server side message which gets trigerred on the 'Find available times' button.

Regards,

John

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:42 AM
  • moving to development and bump.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:16 PM