OCS Standard Multiforest Deployments RRS feed

• Question

•  

Do you have to run the Schema, Domain, and Forests Preps in each of the domains/forests that will be using the single OCS server?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:27 PM

All replies

• Only where you will have OCS-enabled users and OCS servers.  If OCS resides in forest A and users are in forest B, you schema/forest/domain prep forest A then create disabled accounts or contacts in that same forest.  You'll need a trust between the forests and then you'll map the MSRTCSIP-OriginatorSID to the SID of the user object in forest B.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:34 PM
  •  

I have a multi forest deployment working however sip addresses only get automatically populated in the client in the Central Forest. If a user tries to log in in a User Forest they must type in their sign in name to sign in. I figured it was because the active directory schema in the User Forest is missing the msRTCSIP-PriamyUserAddress atribute. Is there any way to get the client to auto populate the sign in addresses?
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Thought I'd join in in this discussion.

I have setup a resource forest and can log onto accounts created in the resource forest prior to synchronising the msRTCSIP-OriginatorSid attribute. The second I assign the msRTCSIP-OriginatorSid to the user object in the resource forest, I can longer access the account from either the resource forest or the user forest.

After I assign the msRTCSIP-OriginatorSid attribute, I am obviously meant to log on using the SIP address and passthrough should 'just work'. It however always prompts me for my SIP login, username and password and does not accept either username/password from the resource domain or user domain.

Is it mandatory for the resource account to be disabled and must all attibutes match? Ie. Display name, etc. I don't see why it would matter so long as the msRTCSIP-OriginatorSid attribute matches.

Attribute

User A  in User Forest

Disabled user account  for User A in a Resource Forest

Cn

Dylan

Dylan

ObjectSID

Note   In a deployment that includes Microsoft Exchange Server, set the ObjectSID attribute to the value from the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute.

sidDylan

ms-RTC-SIP-OriginatorSID

sidDylan

ms-RTC-SIP-TargetHomeServer

telephoneNumber

555-1234

555-1234

displayName

Dylan Miller

Dylan Miller

givenName

Dylan

Dylan

Surname

Miller

Miller

physicalDeliveryOfficeName

l (city)

Redmond

Redmond

st (state)

WA

WA

Country

U.S.A

U.S.A

Title

Director

Director

Mail

dylan@contoso.com

dylan@contoso.com

Company

Contoso

Contoso

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 12:13 PM
  • It seems by removing kerberos as a method of authentication, users are able to login. Is there any way to do it with kerberos enabled?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 2:49 AM