can't retreive word/outlook... RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to fix my computer (kids had too much on it) I was prompted to click F12. Computer runs great now, however NO Outlook, powerpoint, WORD... want activation code.. would you have a copy of this?? I do not remember if I bought over the internet. If so, would Microsft have a record of it or can you find on my computer? I now have NO HISTORY before June 27th and do not know how to fix what I have done...(tried to go back to when all was active ..) If I had a CD, I can't find it.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 12:45 PM

Answers

• Cannedear,

It is likely that pressing F12 engaged a manufacturer-supplied recovery process that reimaged the user portion of the hard disk drive so that the computer was restored back to the exact "out-of-the-box" condition as when brand new.

If you respond with the make and exact model of computer you have it can be looked up and verified as such.

If this is the case, anything that you put onto the computer after you took it out of the box is, for all practical purposes, gone.

Microsoft does provide customer support for its retail customers in case of lost or damaged product CDs, but you have to help yourself a little bit, too, by being able to provide some sort of proof of purchase.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Friday, October 3, 2008 4:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 1:52 PM