Replacement software for Microsoft Money RRS feed

• Question

• We have been using the Sunset version of MS Money since they stopped supporting the software.  Does anyone know of another software we can use strictly for loan tracking purposes?  I have looked at several different softwares on the market but none of them handle loans the way Money does.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:54 PM

All replies

• There are numerous programmes around - you are correct none offers the ease and elegance of MS Money. AceMoney has favourable reviews and one can try it for free. Of course, if you only wish to track a loan you could design your own spreadsheet pretty quickly. I keep with good old MSMoney - it's not going to stop working after all. But let us all know if you find something wizzo!

AS

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  Ace Money is the one I had found that may possibly work but I was hoping I had missed something in my research.  Our IT person is telling me that Money will stop working when we upgrade to Windows 8.  If that is not true, I will certainly stick to Money.  Are you certain Money will continue working if we upgrade to Windows 8, 64 bit?
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:36 PM
  • There are many of us using Money with Windows 8/8.1. It works well.

There may come a version of Windows when detailed changes in Windows mean Money stops working. It will still be possible to run Money in a virtual machine under an older version of Windows when (if) that happens.

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:18 AM
  • That is awesome news!  Thanks!!!
    Friday, September 19, 2014 8:32 PM