none
My post is reported as SPAM when it is not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to post the below question

======================================

Title : Can encryption be performed in WCF using Windows credentials rather than certificate

Question:

Hi,

I have a WCF service and want to enable both encryption and authentication using Windows credential type (NOT CERTIFICATE) in the transport layer (NOT at Message level). I want to know if the service config is set to

Protocol binding = WsHttp, Transport mode = Transport, clientCredentialType="Windows"

can we perform encryption using Windows credential (NOT CERTIFICATE) in the transport, or windows credential is only used for authentication.

This msdn topic tells that both integrity and confidentiality are happening, but also it tells only for TCP protocol and not for HTTP protocol (e.g. WsHttp binding)

How to perform encryption and authentication using Windows credential type in WCF ?

Regards

Ram

=========================================

I posted this question under "BizTalk" and then realized it would be more appropriate to post it under "WCF". So when I tried to repost it gives me a "SPAM" error. Also the "Edit" option in my first post under "BizTalk" does not have option to change the category from "BizTalk" to "WCF".

Kindly let me know what I need to do to have the Post posted under "WCF" .

Kindly do the needful.

Regards

Ram

Monday, May 28, 2018 4:44 PM

Answers