problem with appointment closed by workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Well I created a worflow allowing salesmen to close many appointment at the same time.

The workflow works well but I've a problem then.

Indeed, when an appointement is closed, it appears on outlook calendar, after being synchronize. But appointment closed closed by workflows doesn't appears whereas others appears well.

Does anybodu know what could be the reason of this issue?

Thanks for help,

Arka

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Arka, please provide details regarding your workflow rule. In particular, which State and Status Reason values are set by the workflow rule?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Sorry, I forgot talk about my workflow.

It's very simple : "change the status of the record : Appointment Ended" (it's what I think it must be in English, my CRM is in french)

Do you think I have something else to add?

Thanks

Arka

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:08 PM
  • With the CRM Outlook client closed, I created three test appointments in the web client. I left the first one with the default Status Reason, "Busy". I manually saved the second appointment so the Status and Status Reason were "Completed" and I completed the third appointment using a simple workflow rule like yours which also set the Status and Status Reason to "Completed".

When I restarted Outlook all three appointments synchronised with my Outlook calendar as expected.

I'm sorry this doesn't help troubleshoot your issue, but it does at least confirm that CRM works as expected and synchronises open and completed appointments to the user's Outlook calendar.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:47 PM
  • I did some test also, but when I saved manually an appointement  synchronization works wel contrary to the worflow one.

I forgot to precise that this appointements were import appointement, but I don't know if it can have a role in it.

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Check that the user's name appears in the Organizer and Owner fields of the imported appointments - this is the most likely cause of the failure to synchronise.

Neil

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:27 PM