Digital Media Players and WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have the digital media player Zensonic Z500 and it is connected to the WHS and functions great, allowing me to stream digital media to it.  The only problem I had was that it was originally set on the MSHOME workgroup and now is set on WORKGROUP.

Other than that streaming media is easliy achieved. 

Anyone else been able to setup and use their digital media players?

richpal

Monday, June 18, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• It has been a while since your post but I am new to this OS.  My experience with the Zensonic/Ziova media player has been that I can see the video files stored on the WHS but can only play ISO files on the media player.  AVI  (Divx) and  MP4 (Nero Digital) do not play through the Zensonic Z500.  Copies of the files in a shared folder on a pc running Windows XP Home Professional Media Center Edition will play on the z500 just fine.  In other words there is some problem with the WHS serving these video files up to the Z500 which I have not yet figured out. 

A pc on the same network (running Vista Home Premium) will also see the files and play them using Videolan's VLC media player.  I have not yet tested the pc with the Windows Media Player. 

Shark64

EDIT: I found that somehow the first 20 files that I copied to the WHS produced a "bad file handle" error.  They could not be copied or moved but could be deleted.  The file type really had nothing to do with the issue. They would show up over the LAN and were playable on another PC but were not playable by a linux based media player (Zensonic Z500).  

I wish I could report what I did to cause this problem but have no idea.  I was coping large groups of video files and these just happened to be the first 20 in the alphabetical list.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:32 AM