CRM Advanced Find RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run an advanced find where it does not show certain Marketing Lists. Unfortunately the results I'm getting don't seem to match. Has anyone had this problem?
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    with advanced find you can't search for data that not exist. But there is a trick how you can do this with excel.

Create a advanced search with all contacts assignd to a marketing list and export the result to an dynamic excel sheet. Open the excel sheet an change the connection string to search for contacts, that are not assignd to an marketing list. The connection string in excel is sql, so you should habe a little experience in sql.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:52 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately there is way to do a 'not in' in the advanced find.  You can select all accounts or contacts that are members of marketing list x, but can NOT select all accounts or contacts that are NOT members of marketing list x.

The above can be done with an srs report.
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, January 15, 2010 5:39 PM
  • Hi,
    with advanced find you can't search for data that not exist. But there is a trick how you can do this with excel.

Create a advanced search with all contacts assignd to a marketing list and export the result to an dynamic excel sheet. Open the excel sheet an change the connection string to search for contacts, that are not assignd to an marketing list. The connection string in excel is sql, so you should habe a little experience in sql.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:52 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Thanks for your help, I'm not very familiar with sql so I'm going to have to see if I can do this another way. Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, there is no way for me run a report for all accounts who have a renewal date (one of my custom fields) of April-July that are not in Marketing List X, Y & Z?
    Friday, January 15, 2010 7:03 PM