none
MSDN BLOG RRS feed

• Question

• are non Microsoft employees are not eligible to write blogs in MSDN Developer network ? 

how can we write blogs and get points for blogs in MSDN ?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:18 AM

Answers

• I believe that's correct. Non microsoft cannot create MSDN blogs. You can, however, create a TechNet Wiki.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/145.wiki-how-to-contribute-content-to-technet-wiki.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by naveencent Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:21 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:43 PM
  • But note that a Wiki article is different from a blog. For example, use of first person is not appropriate in a Wiki. A Wiki is intended to be longer lived and a community effort, where many people can contribute to and improve a Wiki article.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• I believe that's correct. Non microsoft cannot create MSDN blogs. You can, however, create a TechNet Wiki.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/145.wiki-how-to-contribute-content-to-technet-wiki.aspx

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:46 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:43 PM
  • But note that a Wiki article is different from a blog. For example, use of first person is not appropriate in a Wiki. A Wiki is intended to be longer lived and a community effort, where many people can contribute to and improve a Wiki article.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:47 PM
  • So ,if i keep updating in wiki, will i be given points ?
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Here's a breakdown on Wiki points.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17776.technet-wiki-how-to-earn-recognition-points-and-achievement-medals.aspx

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Dave's link explains the recognition you get from Wiki contributions. I would just add that it takes longer to get points from Wiki contributions, compared to answering questions in the forums. But over time, if the article is good it achieves significate view milestones that yield lots of points. The best and most useful articles get lots of views, and the author can sit back and just watch the points accumulate. You also get some points for updating/editing existing articles. Very few blogs have anywhere near the visibility.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:24 PM