CRM 4 Dynamics Workgroup RRS feed

• Question

• We had a customer that had CRM Professional Trial version installed and decided to purchase, and purchased CRM 4.0 Workgroup and there has been noway to upgrade or downgrade per say.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it stops at the part where the Report server and gets an error.  Any suggestions?  Also can we use SQL express?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:43 PM

Answers

• As cKeller stated, you can not use SQL Express.  I suggest you uninstall CRM, uninstall SQL and I generally uninstall IIS from the Wiindows Component as that clears any issues you might run into with respect to Reports and IIS.  Next, rename the SQL program file in the Programs directory and move it to another directory.  this will ensure that SQL does not try to use it when you re-install SQL.

Once you have everything uninstalled and files renamed and moved, reboot your server and then install CRM following the Implementation Guide.  Of course, install SQL first and configure  your Report Server as you need the Report Server URL working correctly to successfully install CRM.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:44 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please provide the error message. SQL Express Edition is not a supported Edition of Microsoft SQL Server.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:57 PM
  • As cKeller stated, you can not use SQL Express.  I suggest you uninstall CRM, uninstall SQL and I generally uninstall IIS from the Wiindows Component as that clears any issues you might run into with respect to Reports and IIS.  Next, rename the SQL program file in the Programs directory and move it to another directory.  this will ensure that SQL does not try to use it when you re-install SQL.

Once you have everything uninstalled and files renamed and moved, reboot your server and then install CRM following the Implementation Guide.  Of course, install SQL first and configure  your Report Server as you need the Report Server URL working correctly to successfully install CRM.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:44 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:15 PM