LiveSearchSiteAuth.xml validation file RRS feed

• Question

• During account setup, I selected the .xml validation option. However, tools gave me the meta tag information on the next screen. I am now unable to find information on how to do .xml validation. Appreciate any pointers on what content should go into this file. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you used Meta tag authorization the first time and want to use the XML file, you must first delete your site from the tools and then add your site again selecting the XML validation radio button. Notice that this will not in any way affect your ranking or indexing. 

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:44 PM

All replies

• Just above the box with the code in it, there should have been these instructions:

Add a file to the root directory of your site.

File name: LiveSearchSiteAuth.xml

File Contents:

Naturally, the file contents are the code in the box.

... Duane

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you used Meta tag authorization the first time and want to use the XML file, you must first delete your site from the tools and then add your site again selecting the XML validation radio button. Notice that this will not in any way affect your ranking or indexing. 

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:44 PM
  • I have upload the livesearchsiteauth.xml into the root directory of my web site.  However, I am not able to get the site verified.

Thanks for the help

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:08 PM