WHS 2011 dashboard won't load after Win 8.1 pro upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my win 8 pro desktop to 8.1 yesterday. Since then, Launchpad will load, backups work OK, I can access shared folders, but Dashboard doesn't The sign on box loads, the remote desktop box flashes like always, and then I get a blue tile with the message "preparing your desktop" - like something during the OS upgrade. The little blue circle is there but no movement and the box hangs until closed.

The dashboard works on the server and on my other machines.

I upgraded another win 8 laptop to 8.1 at the same time and WHS connector had to be uninstalled/re-installed but now works fine.

On the desktop I have uninstalled WHS 2011 connector, removed Windows server registry entry, deleted  windows server directory in program files, cleared temp files and reinstalled without success. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:01 PM

Answers

• Answer my own question. I found this thread: forum  won't let me load  the thread, but it's called "WHS2 dashboard on W7 Client hangs with preparing desktop"

I had gone to dual screens about the same time I installed win 8.1. When I disable the second screen, dashboard loads normally.

Go figger.

• Marked as answer by BSwearingen Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:00 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:00 PM