Sample Salt Application gives error in Visual Studio 2005 (Update SP1) when try to load grammar RRS feed

Answers

• I guess you have chosen the "Creat Custom Application Lexicon" option when you created the application. Try to delete the .cal file(application name.cal) from the solution explorer and rebuild the app. Run the app and see whether it works fine.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:24 PM

All replies

• The error is in a laptop with Vista ultimate.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 7:27 PM
  • I guess you have chosen the "Creat Custom Application Lexicon" option when you created the application. Try to delete the .cal file(application name.cal) from the solution explorer and rebuild the app. Run the app and see whether it works fine.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:24 PM
  • This is true. It is working now, but in the tutorial must instruct to clear lexicons too, when we are creating the project.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:36 PM
  •  

Thanks for this, I have been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out what the issue was, but low and behold, here is the solution. Deleted all the files under /lexicons from my solution, and I was ready to go.

Could the deeper solution be here though?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938284

CAUSE

This issue occurs because the "application/octet-stream" MIME type is not registered for .lex files.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:42 PM