VISTA SYNC - ing music folder across 2 laptops and desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a Vista laptop, a vista desktop, and a macbook.

These three computers are connected across a wireless network.

What i need to do is sync (i have already enabled the file sharing across the vista run computers) the Music folders on each of the computers so that they all contain the same files and are identical in appearance.

I am a new to this type of sync-ing so appreciate your patience if this is a silly question!.......I am hearing there are lots of 'Microsoft' ways to do this - Groove, Sync centre, Sync Toy etc....what is the easist way to share and synch files/folders over a network?

Also with your suggestion is there a limit to the size of the overall folder or individual file size within the folder? The thing is I have a lot of music files within this music folder that needs to be two-way synched between these computers.

Perhaps incorporating the macbook will not work - which is not so important as long as i can get the two vista run computers to sync.

I really really appreciate your help....and love microsoft!

RISH
    • Edited by RISHKC Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:42 AM typo error correction
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:41 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would recommend using SyncToy. It's a free tool based on Microsoft Sync Framewokr and has been downloaded and used by 1.5+ million folks who find it very useful and simple for keeping their files and folders sync'ed up across machines.

As always, we also look forward to feedback.

Thanks,
    Sameer
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:52 PM