locked
Remote Access Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a problemwith remote accessing. I have a DLink 300 router, and a Sagem Fast T201 V2 Modem. Configeration confirms Web site available locally, UPnP Standards configured green, but holds up on verification of Web site available from internet.

    When I ran the WHS Evaluation version this configured ok, with a site name at .homeserver.com, but I have not yet found it this time round.

    Any suggestions?


    Ropate
    Friday, March 19, 2010 2:58 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    It may be possible that the old settings (for the previous WHS install) are still on your router - you will need to log onto your router and remove and port forwards setup - though if this was done on UPNP they should have expired or be overwritten by the new install of Windows Home Server. 

    If not you might have to manually configure your router.  Also if your modem running in bridge mode?  If not you may be running across to NATs which isn't that straightforward.

    Cheers,
    Al


    --
    Friday, March 19, 2010 5:13 PM
  • I did experience difficulties signing in to Windows Live in the Remote Access settings section of the WHS Console. I also have had difficulties signing in to my 'Groove' Account, and it has taken three attempts to get back into this forum. I believe that once I complete the sign-in and recover the 'web-site' on homeserver.com that things could be ok, but I am weondering if the problem might be with Microsoft at the moment.

    I thank you for your suggestions, but I do not think there is a problem with either router or modem because everything else is running fine.


    Ropate
    Friday, March 19, 2010 6:06 PM