is it any possible to install windows 7 in my new PC System from inbuilt laptop backup CD. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I took backup CD from purchased HP laptop(model:dv4 2126tx) which contains windows 7(it is inbuilt), but my laptop has stolen by thief so i am going to buy assembled PC system. is it any possible to install that windows 7 in my new PC System ? and how to install that ? please answer me anyone....

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:36 AM

Answers

• "jegadeez" wrote in message news:157c0aea-a505-47c1-a92d-96fa9dc38b21...

Hi,

I took backup CD from purchased HP laptop(model:dv4 2126tx) which contains windows 7(it is inbuilt), but my laptop has stolen by thief so i am going to buy assembled PC system. is it any possible to install that windows 7 in my new PC System ? and how to install that ? please answer me anyone....

No - the license for Windows 7 that came with your laptop is only valid on that machine - you'll have to purchase a new copy of Win 7 for your new machine.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:52 AM

All replies

• "jegadeez" wrote in message news:157c0aea-a505-47c1-a92d-96fa9dc38b21...

Hi,

No - the license for Windows 7 that came with your laptop is only valid on that machine - you'll have to purchase a new copy of Win 7 for your new machine.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:52 AM
  • thanks for your replay!
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:08 AM