none
Managing connections in cross-platform projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I'm using VS Community 2017 and really like the cross-platform feature. However, I can't seem to control the remote host properly. I'm currently having 2 connections in the list now: 10.0.0.83 and 10.70.72.36. But when I try to build a project only one of them is available in the tray with the green arrow. The tray has 2 options, and 10.0.0.83 is both of them, but that's not what I want.

Currently what I'm doing is delete all connections but the one I want, and then restart VS, but that's so tedious. Any solutions? Thanks.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the cross-platform development. Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.xamarin.com/ and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, that can help you quickly solve your issues, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other issues about VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Hi Sarah.

Thanks for the advice. I just want to make it clear that I am not having problems with the cross-platform development process, but with the Visual Studio IDE's feature itself. Is that qualified for posting here?

Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:30 AM
  • Hi Friend,

Could you please share the screenshot of your issue in here? That will help us better understand, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Hi Sarah.

Sorry for the late reply. I can't post links or pictures in my posts, as I'm a new member

Hope these will help

imgur dot com/a/5HFv9

imgur dot com/a/VHF9X

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:05 AM