TS3 Server shuts down after Administrator Remote Disconnect RRS feed

• Question

• I’m having a repeating issue, I run a TeamSpeak 3 server on WHS (Service Pk3) and it has run flawless until the most recent WHS security update for SQL Server 2005 patch APRIL 18 & 19.

Starting the TS3 server is no problem.  However every time I log off or disconnect from a remote administrator connection.  TS3 service Shuts down and I have to reconnect restart it and stay connected.  As long as I’m connect remotely it’s not a problem.  I’m always logged in as ADMIN when I start it.  WHS Server stays up running along with other programs like McAfee AV.  I've been running a TS3 Server since Jan 2010, this was never an issue before and for the life of me I can’t figure out why, it’s simply a Command Window and until recent would always remain up and running even after I disconnected from server.  Suggestions???

Monday, April 26, 2010 5:48 PM

All replies

• Run it as a service, not from the desktop. Presumably there are instructions on the Teamspeak web site for doing so?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, April 26, 2010 5:59 PM
  • It's always run fine as an Administrator Owed service.. nothing their has changed.

It should act like iexplore, if you leave it running.. disconnect and return.. it's still their with the same page/tabs you were looking at while you were connected.  This has been the case as earlier mentioned.. I'd log off or disconnect and when I returned.. TS3 server would still be up and running.  Not to mention the fact that I was on TS while remotely disconnected from WHS.

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:31 PM
  • Do this:

Can I install Teamspeak as a Windows service?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, April 26, 2010 9:28 PM
  • What you linked me to is for the older TS2 server.  As yet.. from what I can read they have not released a  TS3 service binary code yet.

Which brings me back to .. Why is it everything was fine before the WHS security patch and it isn't now?  And is their something else I can do to fix it short of uninstalling that patch which I would assume isn't a good option since it's a security fix.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:35 PM