Migration of CRM 2013 Onpremise to Another CRM 2013 onpremise RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Devs ,

Source System  --> Dynamic Crm 2013 (OnPremise)

Target System  -->  Dynamic Crm 2013 Service pack 1 (OnPremise)

I have only one organization in the Source system which needs to be moved into target System. Its just as simple as that, but i clueless on where to start? and how to?

Any guide/Help or links to resources please!

I tried using Configuration migration tool in SDK 2013 and Exported Schema & Data of Source system. And when i tried to import Data into target system There was some error like "Schema not matching". how do we Match the Schema in the target system.

please Help !

Thank You.!!!!!

Saturday, November 1, 2014 4:53 AM

Answers

• 1. Backup source database with name that ends with _mscrm

2. Restore the database to destination.

3. Login to server where deployment manager is installed.

4. Use important option yo important the restored database as a new organization.

let me know if you need any more help.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Sreekanth P Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:29 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:16 AM

All replies

4. Use important option yo important the restored database as a new organization.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Sreekanth P Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:29 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:16 AM
  • just to add to above post, CRM organization database holds the customization and data. So a single restore of database will move everything together.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh127042.aspx

Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:20 AM

regards

Jithesh

Jithesh Thanks for the quick response.So kind of you. As of now i am doing as you said. would ping back if any error comes.thank you again! :)

update : i restored the backup of the Source system to target system. but Now i cant access my crm 2013 onpremise in target system. HTTP error 404!! hELp!

• Edited by Sreekanth P Monday, November 3, 2014 11:25 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:24 AM
  • Hello,

If you are just interested in copying data from your source org to target org, you can use instance adapter.you need to be sure you have same customization available in both system and better to keep both system updated with Rollups.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hello,

If you are just interested in copying data from your source org to target org, you can use instance adapter.you need to be sure you have same customization available in both system and better to keep both system updated with Rollups.

How do i make both systems with same customization? do i  need to create each and every customization from start?:O or is there any easy to transport all customizations to target system.
    Monday, November 3, 2014 11:28 AM
  • Microsoft introduced Solution feature in MS CRM 2011, which is a way to combine your customization, dll, reports, chart etc... and export into a single file to take to another environment. 

Please refer for more information on solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334530.aspx

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, November 3, 2014 11:37 AM