Is the Windows 7 backup issue fixed? RRS feed

• Question

• During the Windows 7 beta it was discovered here that there was a major issue with Windows 7 clients accessing the backup data. IIRC this was also present in the Release Candidate. as this been fixed in the final version? Or do I need PP3?
    qts
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

• During the Windows 7 beta it was discovered here that there was a major issue with Windows 7 clients accessing the backup data. IIRC this was also present in the Release Candidate. as this been fixed in the final version? Or do I need PP3?
    qts

If you are talking about the "one time access, forever" from build 7000, yes (that was a client issue, not a server issue).  If you are referring to something else, please be specific.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:41 PM

All replies

qts

If you are talking about the "one time access, forever" from build 7000, yes (that was a client issue, not a server issue).  If you are referring to something else, please be specific.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:41 PM
  • Yes, it was the one-time access. issue. So I don't need PP3?
    qts
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:13 PM
  • Yes, it was the one-time access. issue. So I don't need PP3?
    qts

As I said, that was a client (Win7 Beta, Build 7000) issue.  So PP3 has nothing to do with it.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Thanks.
    qts
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:08 PM