Plugin registration tool with CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have any information on using the plugin registration tool with CRM Online?

According to the following article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309580.aspx the plugin registration tool should be included in the /tools subfolder in the SDK from version 5.0.13. However I've just downloaded v5.0.15 of the CRM SDK and there is no plugin registration tool present. Has it moved to a different location?

I then downloaded a pre-compiled version of the plugin registration tool (v2.1.0.1) but this doesn't let me connect to my CRM Online system. According to the help page it is 'Compatible with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 5.0 (On-Premise)' but there is no mention of CRM Online.

Maybe the plugin registration tool is no longer supported with CRM Online? In which case does anyone know how to register a custom DLL with CRM Online?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    starting from SDK 5.0.13 the Plugin Registration Tool is already compiled and the executable is inside the bin folder 

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    starting from SDK 5.0.13 the Plugin Registration Tool is already compiled and the executable is inside the bin folder 

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Hi Guido,

Perfect, thanks for your answer!

Using the plugin registration tool in /bin I was able to connect to our CRM Online system at last.

Phil

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:31 PM