Windows XP validation/registration problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I had a severe computer slowdown problem on my wifes HP Pavillion computer. We bought the computer in late 05 or beginning of 06 at my Navy exchange. Yesterday I reformatted the drive and reloaded windows XP media center edition 05 with the supplied Operating system DVD that came with my wifes computer. Note: I do have another disk which is the application and driver recovery DVD, that I have not installed. Everything went well until it asked me to register windows. A screen came up and gave me a number to call and a very lengthy number to recite. I did as instructed and then it told me it could not validate my copy of windows xp. Please can you help me with this problem as I wish to keep everthing registered and up to date.

Keith Arnold
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:27 AM

Answers

• "afterburner1277" wrote in message news:159cb473-63de-485a-8447-11cea671b5e6...

Hello,

I had a severe computer slowdown problem on my wifes HP Pavillion computer. We bought the computer in late 05 or beginning of 06 at my Navy exchange. Yesterday I reformatted the drive and reloaded windows XP media center edition 05 with the supplied Operating system DVD that came with my wifes computer. Note: I do have another disk which is the application and driver recovery DVD, that I have not installed. Everything went well until it asked me to register windows. A screen came up and gave me a number to call and a very lengthy number to recite. I did as instructed and then it told me it could not validate my copy of windows xp. Please can you help me with this problem as I wish to keep everthing registered and up to date.

Keith Arnold
    It sounds as if you may have reinstalled using an incorrect disk - please provide an MGADiag report
    Did you use the  COA Key for the installation?
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• "afterburner1277" wrote in message news:159cb473-63de-485a-8447-11cea671b5e6...

Hello,

Keith Arnold
    It sounds as if you may have reinstalled using an incorrect disk - please provide an MGADiag report
    Did you use the  COA Key for the installation?
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:58 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Thank you for your help :-) , issue has been resolved. Called HP and they helped me with finding the software key.
    Keith Arnold
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:23 AM