Linq Error : Invalid 'where' condition. An entity member is invoking an invalid property or method RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running Linq query in CRM2013 and throwing error : Invalid 'where' condition. An entity member is invoking an invalid property or method.

My Code is as below;

var conntionRecord1Id = (from connectionBase in orgServiceContext.CreateQuery("connection")
                                             where connectionBase["record1roleid"] != null
                                select connectionBase["record1id"]).Distinct();

var query = from opportunity in orgServiceContext.CreateQuery("opportunity")
                                where !conntionRecord1Id.Contains(opportunity["opportunityid"])
                                orderby opportunity["createdon"] ascending
                                select new
                                {
                                    Topic = opportunity.Attributes.Contains("name") == true ? opportunity["name"] : null,
                                    OpportunityId = opportunity.Attributes.Contains("opportunityid") == true ? opportunity["opportunityid"] : null,
                                    PostalCode = opportunity.Attributes.Contains("new_address_postalcode") == true ? opportunity["new_address_postalcode"] : null,
                                };

Error throwing on second query.

Please help

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:40 AM

All replies

• I think the problem is with this one:

where !conntionRecord1Id.Contains(opportunity["opportunityid"])

Try this:

where conntionRecord1Id.Contains(opportunity["opportunityid"]) == false

The Linq to CRM engine has some quirks like this that cause it not to support what might work with other engines.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

I have changed as above and error is gone but filter part (contain) is not working.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Not sure I can help with that.  I might debug this code and see what data resides in the first query for conntionRecord1Id.  

Are you trying to get a list of opportunityId's?  If so you might need to do a foreach loop on the results of conntionRecord1Id.  Something like...

foreach(var recordid in conntionRecord1Id)

{

(do something to the record...)

}

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:42 PM