I believe I used to be an Answerer in this forum, but I don't seem to have that status anymore RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just curious - I think I used to have Editor's (Answerer's) rights in this forum, but right now I seem to be a regular user here. Do you know what could have changed?

Thanks.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Naomi,

I'd reach out to Ed and see if he can shed any light. I doubt anyone who frequents this forum will have an answer for you.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:45 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Thanks, I sent a PM in Skype to Ed, but as I understood, he is very busy now, so I don't expect immediate response.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:18 PM
  • BTW, I think some view contained all forums I currently moderate. Do you know which view it is? I've checked 'My Forums' but don't see that info there.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:20 PM
  • Yeah, it should be the 'My Forums' view. There's a section at the bottom for 'Forums I moderate'.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:25 PM
  • Apparently this view exists in TechNet but not in MSDN

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/user/forums

I thought I had more than 11 forums, but this only shows 11. I guess I should be OK with that :)

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:31 PM
  • Hmm, that's odd then. I can see my lone forum (11? That's gotta be a whole ton of moderation work...) when I look at the MSDN branding:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/forums

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:33 PM
  • My fault, actually. I scrolled down and it is there. I didn't see it before, may be didn't scroll enough.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:34 PM
  • My fault, actually. I scrolled down and it is there. I didn't see it before, may be didn't scroll enough.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Then it's good?

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:14 PM
  • Except for the answer on my original question - the topic of this thread. Can you please clarify why did I miss the Editor's status of that forum?

Thanks.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Except for the answer on my original question - the topic of this thread. Can you please clarify why did I miss the Editor's status of that forum?

Thanks.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Ah yes. That would be because the Answerers/Editors and Moderators of a forum are the ones who resolve the questions. You were asking more questions than helping resolve them. This made Microsoft folks feel like you shouldn't be an Answerer in this forum. For example, if you were an Answerer in a SQL Server forum, and you were actually asking more questions than answering questions, then people would question whether or not you have the expertise to be an Answerer.

Also note that this forum isn't really monitored by the profile team, and isn't really for support, bug reports, or feature requests (just like the SQL Server forum isn't for any of those things). So we mostly just end up sending people here to the "fissues" email as one of the support channels. There's very little about troubleshooting the profiles that you don't already know (there's almost nothing to them). And troubleshooting the profiles (or answering questions about them), is all this forum is for. It's not for support, bugs, feature requests, or anything like that.

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, August 20, 2016 12:08 AM
  • Actually, I am moderator in this forum (and this is fine and I want to stay this way). My original thread was in "Forum's Feedback" forum where I used to be an Editor (and Dave moved that thread). So I do want to keep my Editor's status in that forum too (or even become a Moderator in that forum). 

Thanks in advance.

Actually, I think I am incorrect - I am not a moderator here either. Hmm, I don't remember if I ever was a moderator in this forum or not. I guess I want to be moderator here and there.

Thanks.

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Edited by Naomi N Saturday, August 20, 2016 6:13 PM
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 6:10 PM