Debugging in vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried everything I can think of to get debugging to work with Visual Studio 2003.
    This is the message I get when I try to debug:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.  You do not have permissions to debug the server.  Verify that you are a member of the 'Debugger Users' group on the server.

Here is what I have done:
    • Debug is set to true in web.config
    • my login is part of the debugger user group
    • Under Directory Security on the Default Web Site directory in IIS there is a user named: IUSR_PHILS_PC2 which is also in the 'Debugger Users' group
    • Under Directory Security on the WebApplication1 directory in IIS there is a user named: IUSR_PHILS_PC2 which is again in the 'Debugger Users' group
    • Under Directory Security on the aspnet_client directory in IIS there is a user named: IUSR_PHILS_PC2 which is again in the 'Debugger Users' group
    • Re-installed .NET with the dotnetfix program located on the CD.

I am running asp.net 1.1, along with the 1.1 version of the .NET framework.  I have IIS 5.1 installed.

Can anyone give me any other things to try here, I would really like to debug my application and I can't.

• Moved by Figo Fei Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:10 AM redirect to asp.net (Moved from .NET Framework Setup to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 7:31 PM

Answers