Problem with OCS 2007 preparation RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi to all!

i faced with the following porblem when tried to prepare AD with OCS ldf file - as it was in other discussion "the object with linkid already exist". I contacted with microsoft spec. and they said to defunct all values that was made by that 3rd party soft, i did that and tried again preparation and got again that message. So the question is the following can i use another linkid's values in OCS 2007 and what will i get in future (update/upgrade).

Best Regards,

Thanks for all comments.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:55 PM

All replies

• You need to prepare the AD with the setup program

Deli

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:02 PM
  •  

Sorry for my english! but i told that i've tried to prepare by setup programm (another words using ldf file in installation package) but had an error about linkid's that were used by another programm. So the question was could i change linkids used in ordinar file by another one and what wil i have in future.
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:44 PM
  • Have a look at this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917682

You can modify linkids in ldif files but that I consider a very difficult operation

You should indeed verify which 3rd party application uses the same values

Deli

Thursday, November 1, 2007 3:31 PM
  • First of all big thanks for yuor response!

I saw this article and because of this may be there is addittional range of LinkIds that we can use in OCS as it was described for Exchange?

Friday, November 2, 2007 2:07 PM
  • The principle is the same

You should fine a error logfile that says what error you encountered when updating the schema

Deli

Friday, November 2, 2007 2:55 PM
  • I had the same issue when attemping to extend our Schema for OCS.  I had to open a ticket with MS PSS.  I followed the steps in the Exchange KB but that only added a step to the resolutoin.  The resolution is listed below:

PROBLEM
    ========
    Trying to extend the schema for OCS 2007. They had previously extended the schema with Aladdin etoken, which is used for smart card "etoken" certificates. The link ids appear to be the same. We get the error "schema update failed An attribute with the same link identifier already exists."  After this, article 841670   “Schema update failed” error message when you run the setup /forestprep command or you run ADC Setup in Exchange 2000 Server or in Exchange Server 2003 was used to try to get a couple of the attributes into the schema.  Only  msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryAddress with linkid 11900 actually made it to the schema.

RESOLUTION
    ===========
    A KB article is pending on this issue.  The article number will be 942758     Error message when you extend the Active Directory schema for Office Communications Server 2007: "Extending the schema in Active Directory failed".
    With the assistance of Tarun from Directory Services support, we changed the  link ID for msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryAddress from 11900 to 14946 using LDP.

We copied over the OCS files from the CD to the hard drive.
    We modified the schema.ldf file, in the same directory as OCS setup.exe, with the following linkid changes:
    11024 - msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryPath
    11025 - msRTCSIP-SIP-PoolAddresses
    11026 - msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryAddress
    11027 - msRTCSIP-MCUServers

To:
    14944 - msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryPath
    14945 - msRTCSIP-SIP-PoolAddresses
    14946 - msRTCSIP-MCUFactoryAddress
    14947 - msRTCSIP-MCUServers

Then we ran Setup... Forest Prep which succeeded without error.

Monday, November 5, 2007 5:54 PM
  •  

((( i tried to do as you wrote but failure again ((( something about backlinkid was wrote and that's all... Proffesionals HELP to prepare AD.
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:28 AM
  • We're getting the same problem - and yes, we have Aladdin eToken installed.

Do you know if this is to be made an official KB and whether it is fully supported?  It is not yet published on the MS website.

Thanks

Mark

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:40 AM