WHS 2011 access issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 pc's running windows 7 connected to my windows home server.  I have 3 profiles on each pc that match the user profiles I set up in WHS.  When I try to access my shared files I get the error about not having privleges to access this file.  I have discovered that on one machine if I start the launch pad I can then access my files but not before I start launch pad.  I would like to be able to access my shared files on all of my pc with all of the logins without having to run launchpad all the time.  How can I do this.  
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:38 AM

All replies

• So I get home tonight and once again I can not access my files on the server from my pc's.  Does anyone have any ideas.  This is really frustrating and knowing how things are it's probably something simple.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 12:10 AM
  • You have re-checked the access permissions on the shared folder via dashboard?

Were the users added to the server via the dashboard,which is correct, or via the servers desktop which can create issue's ?.

The users on the server do have the same username and password from what you have said but it does sound as though they have problems somewhere. When you logon to the launchpad it is supplying the credentials from that point and allowing you to access the shares. If the username and password are correct on the Win 7 boxes the authentication should be transparent.

I rarely use launchpad at home and there are no issues with going to the server shares with out it.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    • Edited by frogz1 Friday, November 4, 2011 2:16 AM Typo
    Friday, November 4, 2011 2:15 AM
  • I actually figured it out again I think.  This time I used lusrmgr.msc and renamed the profile and it worked.  It worked fine last night and then quit working today so we will see how it does tomorrow.  Also noticed in that command you could redirect profiles but I tried it and couldn't get the file permissions correct when saving the profile on my WHS.  Should have know but gotta try right.  Thanks for your reply I apperciate it.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:07 AM