Off Topic:Setting profiles for the xp task scheduler RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I am having trouble to get the scheduler to run the back-ups on its own for my notebook. I want the back-up to happen to the back-up file that I have created on a connected external hard disk. The trouble is from the setting of the profile. I have only one profile 'user' with admin privilege on the notebook.

The following appears in the properties dialog box for the schedule, 'Sajit1'.

Run: C:\windows\system32\ntbackup.exe

Start in : C:\windows\system32

Run as: FAMILY\user

on trying to set a pass word for the run, I get an error that says,

An error has occured while attempting to set task account information.

The specific error is: 0x80070005 : Access is denied, you do not have permission to perform the requested operation.

Is this the permission access to the backup file or is it the permission to run the .exe application?

How do I get this thing to work. Help appreciated.

Sajit

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:13 AM

All replies

• Sajit,

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx or contact Fujitsu support.

Note that the User and Password to enter in the Task Scheduler has to be an existing login account (and password) on the PC, \FAMILY, that you expect to run as. You don't set the password there, you enter the existing password. This allows the task to run when the box is idle and no users are logged in.

-steve

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:54 PM