Export Data from CRM to Excel and Reimport RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I would like to export Account Information from CRM Online to Excel, change it and reimport it to the System. As far as I know there has to be a GUI which should be available in the exported data. But for the Accounts i cannot find it.

The primary key for this entity is called "accountid" - but this field cannot be added to the view to export it.

Can you please help?

Thanks

• Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:53 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

primary key field is available out of box in imported excel from dynamics crm. This is a hidded field in your excel sheet.

When you re - import this sheet in CRM it will automatic map the datamap and update existing data in Dynamics crm.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• I'd love to know the answer to this too!
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Not sure how to do it out of the box but I use the tool EBAX for this.  Free 2 week trial.  www.mscrmexcel.com
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

primary key field is available out of box in imported excel from dynamics crm. This is a hidded field in your excel sheet.

When you re - import this sheet in CRM it will automatic map the datamap and update existing data in Dynamics crm.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi

If you are using CRM 2011, you will need to export the data as a static worksheet with the "Make this data available for re-importing by including required column headings" check box at the bottom of the dialog is checked.

Thanks

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:22 AM
  • Hi Abhishek,

for some reason, after I export the XML, it's showing that the file is corrupt in Excel? Is there something I have to get done in the view to be able to do this?

Thanks,

Tarek

Tarek
    Monday, May 16, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

I have found the soultion in the CRM help files. you can ignore my post.

Thanks,

Tarek
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:34 PM
  • how did you do that Tarek?
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:21 PM
  • actually, I don't remember..!......I'd have to revisit again.......
    Tarek
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:40 PM