Renew Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Neither Live OneCare or MSN Billing seem to be able to find my subscription to Live One Care, which needs to be renewed shortly. I have two different sign-in to Live ID, one of which is the original I used when starting the subscriptiion. Neither leads me to a place where I can renew Live OneCare. Help!

Friday, January 18, 2008 5:32 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Friday, January 18, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Thanks for the quick answer. I have my original Live ID and can sign into the Billing and Account Management site, but they don't have Live One Care listed as one of my services.This is true even if I have LOC running on my computer at the time.

Peter

Friday, January 18, 2008 6:57 PM
  • Is the ID you are signing in at the Billing site the one you see in OneCare as Subscription ID in Help/About?

-steve

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:40 AM
  • Yes, it is.  I've gone 'round and 'round through as many loops as I can find, with absolutely no success. Perhaps the most idiotic is the Window that invites an id using the product code, where the product code box disappears at the instant the first number is typed in. Can there be a deranged software geek somewhere cackling maniacly over the poor rubes out there struggling with his sick jokes, or is it just plain incompetence? I notice that your fruitless efforts to revive an effective url for support go back well into 2007.

I've had about as much as I can stand, after having spent not less than two  frustrating hours trying vainly to give microsoft money to renew a subscription. It's Macintosh time.

Thanks for your efforts, Steve.

Peter

Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:17 AM
  • Sorry for the problems you've faced.

One thing comes to mind - after I sent you an email, by the way - what version of OneCare are you running?

When you are signing in, are you going to http://billing.microsoft.com directly or following the renewal link from within OneCare?

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:58 AM