Cannot Share Samsung ML-1610 between Win7 Pro 32 Bit and Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I setup a HomeGroup with the Host on my Win7 Pro 32Bit Computer that connects a Samsung ML-1610 Series Laser Printer with printer driver (X86) installed.  It can print out test print copy on the printer that is physically connected to it without any problem.   I share the printer with everyone in the that HomeGroup.  Then I joined that newly created HomeGroup on my other Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit Computer and wishing to share the printer physically connects on my Win7 Pro 32Bit Computer across network.    After the HomeGroup started up on both computers, I could see a network printer (shared by my Win7 Pro 32Bit Computer) is available to my Win7 Home Preium 64Bit computer.  However, when I send print, nothing response.  There was no print job created on the Print Queue and of course nothing was being printed on the printer physically connected to my Win7 Pro 32Bit Computer (The Host).   How come is that?  Is it Microsoft Windows' limitation?   Will there be any way to get it around?

Your promptly reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

CatBB

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:29 PM

All replies

• Wrong forum - this is for Windows Home Server. Try answers.microsoft.com

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:25 AM