Corrupt disc error during backup? RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting a "corrupt disc error" when I try to backup my files.  It tells me to insert another disc or try a different brand of disc.  I've tried 3 different ones and keep getting this error.  Anybody know how to solve this problem?

Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:11 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Anybody help me?  It's very annoying that it won't work.  Never had any trouble before.
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:34 AM
  • I suggest contacting support for help with this issue. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, May 4, 2008 2:34 PM
  • I agree that support is the way to go for this.

What type of discs are you using? Are they CDR/DVDR or RW discs? If the latter, RW, are they new or are they erased/formatted discs?

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:23 PM
  •  

They are BRAND NEW dvd-r's.  Tried Memorex, Sony and Maxwell.  Get the same error with all 3.
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:30 AM
  • Then I don't think it is the media and support should be able to help you out, either identifying a problem program that may be conflicting or fixing something with OneCare.

-steve

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:46 AM
  •  

I'll try running a complete scan on the computer with One Care.  See if that helps but I don't think it will.  Thanks guys!
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:48 AM
  • I don't think a scan with OneCare will resolve it. I doubt that it is an infection. I suspect that another burning program may be interfering with OneCare or OneCare has an internal problem, which is why Jim and I recommend contacting support. There's really no reason why your DVDR discs should be rejected for backup purposes.

-steve

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:55 AM