NullReferenceException RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi.

    This just started happening today ever few times I upload a lengthy post I'm working on. Then everything works fine after I change blog accounts, switch back and upload the same post as a new one. I've redone the post entirely, uninstalled and reinstalled WLW and even restored my disk image. I also reset the path to my MyDocs folder. No success :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

    OS: Win 8 x64

    • Edited by EarlVG Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:33 AM

All replies

  •  Just found if I delete the draft directly in the My Weblog Posts folder then all is okay again... until a few minutes later.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:46 AM
  • Why this emerged now after all the time I've been using Win 8 I don't know, but here's how I resolved it. The Security tab of my Documents folder showed an "account unknown" with a redundant GUID that wouldn't resolve. The same was true of the other system folders I had moved over to my D drive, namely Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos. Obviously a consequence of reformatting my C drive. So firstly from one of the folder properties I deleted the account. Then on the Location tab I moved each of the folders to temporary locations, and in the process the original folders were deleted. After that I moved them all back to folders with those original names. Since then WLW has been 100% stable.

    Now to fix another computer with the identical problem...


    • Edited by EarlVG Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:21 PM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:54 AM